Saturday, December 4, 2010

Coffee Stout

Probably the single tastiest beer I have ever had. I'll give you one guess why...

The Oatmeal Stout was a fantastic beer on its own, but now that it has been paired up with Espresso 700 from Kaldi's, Schlafly really looks to be going places. What a great idea!
Why aren't more brewers doing this? From what I can tell, this is a beer perfectly crafted for the professional barista.  Most baristas I know really love beer, especially stouts- probably because they have so much in common with coffee, as far a taste profiles go. I'll be looking for more of this soon. Schlafly has some truly great seasonal beers- very inventive. Their regular beers are alright too. Kaldi's also has some great seasonal coffees products, a couple worth mentioning in particular: Fair Trade Rwanda COOPAC and Costa Rica Helsar de Zarcero are both sublime. But, relevant to this post in particular, Espresso 700, which often-times gets overshadowed by its flashier cousins, the single-origin rock stars mentioned above.  Want to treat yourself this Christmas season? Have yourself a merry little 6 pack of Schlafly Coffee Stout and pound of Kaldi's Coffee.

Lord, thank You for such great flavor experiences. I pray for more of the same. Keep my head deflated and on straight. Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment