Thursday, January 21, 2010

Best Of Series: French Press

This is the next installment of the "Best of" series and is based on the French Press. James Hoffmann gets the honor this time and his very own post on Espresso Vein. Please note his emphasis on the use of scales in this demo; not a widespread idea for home use, but should be gaining ground due to their effectiveness. Now, I'll just sit back with you and enjoy the demonstration:

Did you see his "Break?" Too beautiful! That is some great coffee there. It looked like the coffee lost a full inch in height after the break- that's due to the release of CO2 "breaking" through the cap of grounds. Then the "Clean" took me by surprise. It seems so simple and obvious since that procedure is a carry-over from cuppings, but I had never thought of that before I saw Tim Wendleboe do it on his version of the French Press video... I didn't use his because it was in Norwegian.

Lord, thank you for the ability to learn and appreciate knowledge. Please help us to continually search for more. Keep my head deflated and on straight. Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment