Friday, January 22, 2010

Best Of Series: AeroPress

The next edition in the "Best Of Series" is one based on the AeroPress. This is a simple contraption that uses air pressure to push very hot water through a layer of ground coffee, the same principle as espresso, but resulting in a black coffee-like brew. Since the press is by hand, the extreme pressures espresso machines can achieve are a bit beyond this method. Nevertheless, this is a very interesting and cost effective method for brewing coffee. It has become so popular in some regions (Scandinavia for example) that there are special competitions based on its use. Anyway, here is the video and how-to:

Pretty good stuff. This will most likely be the next addition to my coffee maker lineup. That is after I get my birthday present: Vacuum Pot (I'll post on the vacuum pot tomorrow)! Lord, thank you for excellence in simplicity. Keep my head deflated and on straight. Here we go.

1 comment: